I just got back from my monthly MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) meeting. We had a speaker talk about getting your home ready for the holidays and Christmas traditions. I'm really excited about our family starting some of our own traditions. I know this year is a little early to start some traditions with Brayden, but it got me to thinking about traditions I would like to start in the future and some that we can start now. A great one to start in a couple of years is the Elf on the Shelf. I know many moms out there have started this one and are loving it. You buy the little elf pictured above, and you register him and give him a name. He is sent by Santa to watch and see if your kids are naughty or nice, and he reports back to Santa. He moves around the house from room to room, so kids must be on their best behavior at all times. Some other traditions that were discussed today were buying the family matching christmas pjs to open on Christmas Eve. This is one that we are going to start this year. It was Jeffrey's idea and so I ordered us some the other day. It must be a popular one, because the pjs I picked out at first were sold out in the adult sizes we needed. I got the last pair of my second pattern choice. I will remember to shop early for those next year. Some families bake a cake on Christmas Eve and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus on Christmas Day and have cake for breakfast. Others mentioned reading Twas the Night Before Christmas and the story of the birth of Jesus on Christmas Eve. All the talk about Christmas has really got me excited about our first Christmas with Brayden and the trip we are about to take to New York! I'm still trying to think of other fun traditions, so feel free to share any traditions you have.
District
-
I only took one picture at the district golf match at Patrick Farms. Wes
was waiting on Bay and Luke to finish on 18. Good day, but they were foiled
by ...
1 year ago









2 comments:
Hey Sara! This is Heather that you used to play Bunko with.
Anyway, I know Brayden is too young for this now, but I always get one of those count down to Christmas calendars that have the special treat under each number. That way Mallory does not ask me EVERY day how many more days until Christmas.
We also are going to start this year opening one gift on Christmas eve...they get so much on that day, this gives them something to look forward to early.
Brayden is too precious...I know you and Jeffery are enjoying him!
Heather- That's a great idea! I'm gonna gave to get one of those. Congrats on your marriage! I'm so happy for you! E-mail me the password for your blog, if you don't mind at sarabiggers@hotmail.com.
Post a Comment